Monday, February 23, 2015

Why I Run, Bike

As I was finishing my toe touches in the gym the other day, I sighed. Again. After going through a herniated disc, I'm pretty happy to even be in a gym. I am so happy to reach for my toes - I'm not really touching them yet. Sigh. I still don't like the gym. It's soo..."gym-ee." And so not about moving. Running and biking is really about moving. Granted, I don't really move that fast, but the fascination with these pasttimes, for me, are really about transporting my own self from one point to another. or around a loop, to a destination or just away. I miss that. I go to the gym, it looks the same everyday and, since I'm a "morning person," it's the same people everyday. And all of us "same people" do the same stuff. Everyday. Even I, who prefers mixing it up and can't stand routine, I stick to the same stuff. The gym just doesn't change. It's no wonder that so many New Year's Resolutions are burned out in this very location! Don't get me wrong - I feel lucky. I'm happy to be touching my toes. There are so many things I couldn't do when I walked into the gym 7 months ago. One of those things I couldn't do was run. I'm sure hoping that the arrival of spring changes that for me. If not, you'll find me on the stationary at about 8:05. And then on the treadmill...and then...oh, heck, just call me, let's go for a run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home