Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Welcome MidLife Crisis!

There's nothing like a luncheon to bring on a mid-life crisis. I mean, I'm fairly content in my comfortable, fairly middle-management type job. Perhaps, at 20, I imagined that now, at 40, I'd have a corner office, etc. But, you know how life is. Not as planned. I make an impact in what I do and have my own things to manage. And, I get to be home for my kids every night. All well and good until I sit down at a networking lunch last week. Topic: Successfully Doing it All. OK, I can always use some tips on that. Speaker:?? A 30-year old, former cheerleader, leading news anchor for a network station. Now, she had some thoughtful things to say. But, come on! 30??? And, I'm sure she had to work hard to get where she is, but I'm thinking that news anchor is a little different from corner office in a manufacturing company. I'm wondering if she's ever really had to go on a diet; if she's ever been downsized; has she ever been ready to "go to the next level" only to find that moms her age don't. . .go to that level? And has she ever felt her bones creak as she gets out of bed everyday at noon to go to work? Just wondering. Not that I'm all-experienced or successfully doing it all or even want to be those things, but had I been on the brink of a mid-life crisis last week, I'm thinking that Ms. Young and Beautiful just might have planted me right in the middle of one. Thankfully, I'm older and wiser and know that nothing can prevent a good mid-life crisis like a good bottle of wine. In the afternoon. During working hours. While the kids are outside playing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home